SHILLONG: East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner Abhilash Baranwal, on Thursday, dismissed reports circulating on social media about the possible imposition of curfew and suspension of internet services in the district, stating that no such decision had been taken by the district administration.
Speaking to the media, Baranwal said the people of Shillong have an important role to play in maintaining peace and normalcy in the city following the recent incidents.
While acknowledging that there was a sense of apprehension among residents after the violence, the Deputy Commissioner said the situation did not warrant the imposition of curfew at this stage.
He expressed confidence that residents would cooperate with the district administration and the state government in maintaining peace and ensuring normalcy in Shillong.
ALSO READ:
Police Deploy Tear Gas After Alleged Petrol Bomb Attack Near KSU Office: DC Clarifies